This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Explorer configuration...

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

IE version 8.0.6001 Recently I changed some IE explorer options and I messed up. Now, every time time I open a page I'm asked "Do you want to allow software such as ActiveX controls and plug-ins to run?" When I click Yes, I am asked "A script is accessing some software (an ActiveX control) on this page which has been marked safe for scripting. Do you want to allow this?" I suspect my Internet Security Options are not set correctly for ActiveX controls… I"m attaching an image showing the current settings. What settings are incorrect? thank you!! Linda
Hi Linda. I have these set differently: Allow Scriptlets - Disable Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls - Disable Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins - Enable Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting - Enable

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI