Hi – I'm getting this message: "A malfunctioning or malicous add-on has caused IE to close this web page." And the screen freezes. It won't let me in to trusted sites that I've used before. I tried putting my Internet Options/Security settings back to their default, but that didn't help. I removed Java and that didn't help either. Any ideas out there?
In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following …
Sections
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)
Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in your next reply.
**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT" entries