This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Security article--securing IE

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just had a major problem with my computer and had to do a reinstall with the phone help of a family member. I am trying to get my computer set up
to be as safe as I can get it. When reading the article Preventing Malware - Tools and Practices for Safe Computing at http://forums.whatthetech.com/Preventing_M…ing_t98700.html, I came across a setting I am not sure about.
In Step #1, Make your Internet Explorer more secure, number 4, the sixth item, it says

"Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt"

I have IE8 installed, and in trying to use these settings, I could not find this exact phrase. There is one option that says

"Navigate windows and frames across different domains"

This item is disabled. Is this the same setting as the one above in the article? Thanks for taking time to help me!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI