This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Blank screen after opening computer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a new Toshiba Satellite pro with windows 7. Since I first received it I had trouble when after I opened it would show my normal screen and my shortcuts and the task bar but after a few minutes it would go blank.I found I could re activate it by pressing the windows key beside the left alt key on the bottom of the keyboard which would bring back the task bar and I could then press on start button to reopen whatever program I needed. if I was already on the net when it went black I would press the windows key and the internet logo would appear in the task bar and I can click on that and continue. I rand Toshiba and they suggested i EMPTY MY COMPUTER AND START AGAIN..tHIS i DID AND COMPLETELY UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED. It took a long time but as soon as I started to reinstall I had the same problem. I am not a computer whiz and hoping somebody could help me here please. Many thanks. My email is – Removed email addy – We only provide assistance directly in the Forums. Though you should receive notification when a helper replies, Please check back occasionally to see replies to your post. Edited by Doug
Contact Toshiba again and tell them reinstalling did not help. They need to fix this for you and it may require they send you a new computer. Don't take no for an answer and don't let them put you off. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, ask to speak to a supervisor.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI