This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

trojan found on file on disc

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a dvdrw disc that I put files on a couple of years ago. I was checking to see if I needed any of them and a message came up on the screen that a trojan had been found in an update file on the dvd, although nothing turned up when the file was put on the dvd. I wouldn't be using that update anyway, but my question is, can I use the other data that's on the disc without being infected, or should I just forget all of it. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley
Thanks for the reply. There are an assortment of extensions: exe, doc, jpeg, bmp, wav, htm, eml would cover most of them. Thanks for the help. hedley
I think it would be prudent if you just forget all of it because you never know which file is infected even though you are not going to use the update.
Thanks for the reply. I thought that would be best, I wanted to confirm it with someone just to be sure. Thanks for the help, much appreciated, as always. hedley

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI