This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

trojan

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I could not post in malware forums so i'll try here. If your anti virus program quarantines a trojan/virus, what do you do? I have been getting so many opinions I am going looney. Most average users cannot copy files to use in case a repair eliminates a necessary one, or send zip files to Avert etc for analysis etc. Is it ok to leave a quarantined trojan or virus in your machine for good with no harm being done? I ask because if I remove or repair a file necessary to boot up, I am stuck. I was thinking if I got hit to leave it alone if it is safe to do so, or, use my o.s. disc to reformat and reinstall while I still have the abiliy to boot. I think Z told me to leave it alone but I'm not sure and I can't find the thread. I will continue to look for it. Thank you
I'll move your Topic over to Malware Removal. Come on back if it turns out to be more related to your system maintenance. Doug

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI