This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Problem with my dvd-rw

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had a virus a month ago called trojanhorsedownloader.agent.evt. I use avg as my virus protection. I removed the virus from my vault and Im still having problems. I have scanned my computer with online scanners and they all say that there is no virus. Here is my problem Im having. My computer is fairly new and my dvd-rw keeps giving me a error message that says that the cd is scratched. I am using brand new cds and it wont read any cd's at all. If I put a cd into the drive, it makes a loud noise and keeps turning real fast. Can a virus make my dvd-rw do such a thing? If not, what could possibly be wrong since the dvd-rw is new also? I have tried using air to blow out the drive in case there was dirt on the lense, but that didnt work either. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!! :scratch: :scratch:
Have a look in Device Manager, to see if there are any yellow or red warnings posted in regard to your DVD-RW. Did you install any additional software with the DVD-RW? Uninstall-Reinstall the DVD drivers and related software, may be the first step to take. Noise coming from an optical drive is not good. ("it makes a loud noise") And can be a sign of a failing unit. You mention that your machine is "fairly new". What's the warranty status? Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI