Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Bookmarks in Firefox re-install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JohnRocks

JohnRocks

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:36 AM

I want to know that if I uninstall Firefox and then re-install than will my bookmarks be reloaded automatically?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

I'm pretty sure it wont, but then I'm not that familiar with doing anything like that, although it does make back up's by default, I couldn't say if these would remain after uninstalling it, safest answer unless someone knows better is to make a manual back up, then when reinstalled you can add them back again, I'm not saying theres not a better way, but logically it should be the safest way to go, hope it helps.
Backing up and restoring bookmarks

Braindead

#3 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

Bookmarks, history, etc are in your profile directory which is not deleted when you uninstall FireFox (or Mozilla or SeaMonkey or Netscape). When you reinstall they may not be used though as a new profile will be created, so you will have to copy them from the old profile location to the new one.

Good info on this here:
Transferring data to a new profile
Working with FireFox profiles

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown