My normal approach for a problem like this is a follows:
1. Uninstall the wireless card from Device Manager.
2. Shutdown the computer (not restart, shutdown).
3. Disconnect the power cord.
4. Remove the CMOS battery.
5. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seocnds (drain capacitors).
6. Remove the wireless card.
7. Power on the computer and go into BIOS Setup.
8. Load BIOS defaults (Fn key or BIOS Setup selection).
9. Set date/time and any other settings needed, like Boot order.
10. Save and exit, let computer boot normally.
11. Shutdown again.
12. Install the Wireless card.
13. Boot and see what happens.
If still no good, replace Wireless card.
I'm sorry. Didn't you add the wireless card originally? If not, who did? Might be good to ask that person to help walk thorough the steps I listed above.
Anyway, how you enter BIOS Setup varies with each computer manufacturer. Pressing F1, F2, F10 or the Del key. How to enter Setup is often displayed on the screen when you turn the computer on.
Removing and reinstalling the wireless card is pretty straight forward. You shutdown the computer (power off). Remove the power cord then open the case.
Normally you use a Phillips head screw driver to remove the screw holding the wireless card in place but some don't use screws, just some kind of retaining bracket. When you reinstall it, make sure it is fully seated in the slot.
The CMOS battery is about the size and color of a quarter. How it is removed varies but usually you can press down on one of the metal retaining clips and it will pop out.
Why I do this is to reset the computer to it's default settings, hoping that will help it to handle the wireless card correctly. It may not make any difference but it's worth trying as some times it does help and doesn't cost anything except time
I'm sorry. Didn't you add the wireless card originally? If not, who did? Might be good to ask that person to help walk thorough the steps I listed above.
Anyway, how you enter BIOS Setup varies with each computer manufacturer. Pressing F1, F2, F10 or the Del key. How to enter Setup is often displayed on the screen when you turn the computer on.
Removing and reinstalling the wireless card is pretty straight forward. You shutdown the computer (power off). Remove the power cord then open the case.
Normally you use a Phillips head screw driver to remove the screw holding the wireless card in place but some don't use screws, just some kind of retaining bracket. When you reinstall it, make sure it is fully seated in the slot.
The CMOS battery is about the size and color of a quarter. How it is removed varies but usually you can press down on one of the metal retaining clips and it will pop out.
Why I do this is to reset the computer to it's default settings, hoping that will help it to handle the wireless card correctly. It may not make any difference but it's worth trying as some times it does help and doesn't cost anything except time
I purchased the computer brand new, It was working fine then. i think something may have corrupted the driver :S. I uninstalled the drivers through device manager and then they re-installed themselves but still no luck.
I asked because it's unusual for a Desktop computer to come with a Wireless network adapter.
All I can suggest is to follow t he directions I provided. Other than that I don't have any other suggestions, sorry. Maybe Doug has some more suggestions.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI