This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Problems w/ wireless

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello :). My wireless has been dropping on my HP DV2615NR laptop the past two days. I'm thinking it might be because of the laptop and not because of my Netgear router (WGT624). I say this because I work from home in VA and also have a WYSE terminal connected to the router, but have had no issues whatsoever connecting to our server out in CA. So the wireless connection only appears to be dropping on my laptop. I currently have cable hi-speed internet and am using a Motorola modem. The Netgear router is connected directly into the modem. I have had no issues w/ cable being down. I do want to let you know that you all did help me (a great deal) a day or two ago with cleaning up some malware and stuff. My fear is I may have accidentally deleted something I shouldn't have or messed something up on my own in the process. Any help or suggestions you can provide would be much appreciated! Thank you for your time. Take care, Sadie
Sadie, you did not mention if your WYSE terminal is hardwired or wireless? Intermittent wireless connectivity is probably an issue with interference or poor signal quality. Move closer to the router, or change the wireless channel the router uses by logging into the web interface of your netgear. Change the wireless channel at least 5 channels away from what it is set at currently. If it is channel 1, make it 6 or 11, etc.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI