This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Monitor Issues

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This is just driving me crazy… Just prior to moving my computer was attacked by a virus. I was unable to remove it all and put it off. Some things I have noticed is that the monitor is no longer recognised. Rather it is being reconised as a generic Plug and Play monitor. My resolution is no longer available @ 1680 X 1050 / 60hz Among other things. I have tried unistalling and letting it find the new hardware device and it does but it says generic Plug and play monitor. This is not going to work. I have a NEC 20WMGX2. I have gone to their website and downloaded the drivers but they too say the monitor is not visible…. I have replaced the DVI plug thinking it got ruined somehow, nothing changed. My video card has an optional analog hook up? should I try it as well? This really sucks because my computer is unstable since this happened and keeps shutting down at any given time. Any help would be greatful. Thanks a lot :thumbup:
Your posted description of problem is a bit jumbled and unclear. I'm sure it is frustrating. It "seems" that you are at least occasionally able to boot into Windows, albeit with screen resolution not at your preference. Head on over to the Malware Removal Forums to take care of that part of the problem, Then feel free to come back if you need additional assistance with display and graphics. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI