This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

monitor not working

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm not getting anything on my monitor screen for my home pc (not laptop). I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. Shutting down the computer and starting again. When I unplug the monitor and shut down the computer, then plug it back in and restart the computer the first screen comes up. I've even gotten to the second screen a couple of times. I've tried to start in safe mode but I can't get that to work either. Do you suppose this is a virus? Because I can see the screen initially, I think I've ruled out hardware problems. I would really appreciate your thoughts on how to approach this problem. Thank you. dresin
Thanks for responding! No, I don't have another monitor. But I can see the first screen or two when I start-up. It just goes black after that. dresin

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI