Hello I recently bought the bluetooth Plantronics Explorer 240. The people at the other end constantly complain about a weird echo sound. Is there anyway to fix this? I've already tried experimenting with the volume on both the phone and the bluetooth with no difference. I am using an Iphone 2G.
Thanks for your help.
Well, the first thing I was going to say was to turn down the volume on all associated devices. You still might play with that to make sure you covered all possibilities. I did find where someone with a similar problem resolved it by I uninstalling the program Voice Recorder which was used to tape some calls. Outside of trying another headset, I don't know what to suggest.
It's a sad fact that "some" headsets\speakers are not that great, and as a result can have feedback, or echo as in you're case, if you look for headsets, you will find comments against the better makes about noise cancelling performance and the like, so it may be simply a case that this unit isn't as good as some others, but to add to Digerati's help, what are you using it with ? eg the PC or a cell phone ?
Also where are the parts involved while this is happening ? eg if the PC are the speakers on ? or if a cell phone where is that held while using it ?
What I suggest whatever the case, leave the source in one place, eg put the phone on a table, then go into another room while using it, you should be able to do that without losing signal, you probably have 10m depending on the construction around you, what I am wondering is if this improves when you are not close to the source, if this happens to improve doing this then there is obviously some feedback for want of a better word, but see if this shows anything along with advice already offered above.
Thanks 8210GUY your advice did help reduce the echo quite dramatically. And as far as the Voice Recorder goes, that didn't help at all, but thanks for trying!
I am currently using the bluetooth with an iphone 2G (i believe).
Thanks for the help guys~!
That would tend to support my thoughts of it being a kind of feedback issue, and as mentioned previously lesser headsets tend to suffer from this, BUT, that said I would not expect this maker to have a flaw like that, they claim it has noise cancellation (same as the better makes do), so I have 2 thoughts, either the unit may be faulty, of which we have no way to check, you would have to go direct to the makers with the issue and see what they can do to help, but if you need to do that then tell them all that has been tried, it may give them more to go on in speeding things up a bit.
The other option however you should try straight away, this could well be the cure, depending on how you've set it up, so to that end try turning the volume down, both on the headset and handset if necessary, because if you've ever heard a phone in on the radio, or the TV, and they have the show playing where they are calling from, you'll always hear them ask for the sound to be muted at that end, because it feeds back to the station, very similar could be happening here, if the volume is too loud it could be causing this issue, so see if this helps, if not I suggest contacting Plantronics for further troubleshooting, hope this helps though.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI