This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

how to disable touchpad on laptop

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I have a Fujitsu A6020 with a very touchy touchpad. I used an app called "no touchpad" which I downloaded last spring off the web. However, I recently nuked and reloaded the Operating System and when I tried to reload the app from the website, the site was no longer functioning. I have tried numerous attempts through device manager with no avail. I would like to disable the touchpad when using a usb mouse. Any Ideas? I am using Windows 7 pro. Thanks
Welcome to WhatTheTech Forums.

Here's a possible solution for your:

The above occur due to users accidentally touching the Touch Pad during typing. To disable the Touch Pad while typing, do the following: Find Control Panel in the Start Menu, go to Mouse, then to Mouse Properties. Select Tapping, then Typing. Check the checkbox - "Tap off when typing". This setting will disable the Touch Pad while you are typing. It may be re-enabled by un-checking the checkbox.


From: http://www.pc-ap.fujitsu.com/support/faq_l…faq_system.html
Just looked through it's manual, and according to that if you press the following, it allows you to toggle the pad on\off, hope it works for you're system.

■ [Fn+F4]: Pressing [F4] while holding down [Fn]
allows you to toggle between an internal mouse
(touchpad) and an external mouse (USB-type).