This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Blue Screen Issue

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Okay- so I have a HP Pavillion Dv7-1245dx OS- Windows 7. It keeps blue screening maybe a handful or so a day- it was originally running off of Windows Vista ( it was still blue screening then) I tried to install a new OS thinking maybe this might of fixed the problem with some updates- it keeps blue screening…i've done every update that windows has thrown at me- I checked for new drivers at HP.com. I get this as part of the Windows Report after I reboot my computer…
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800506A038
BCP3: 00000000B24A4000
BCP4: 0000000000000175
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

from what I have been reading a BCCode is a problem with the registry. So I tried to run a registry check- seems everything they want money for!! I just used Uniblue registry Booster to see what it does. Here is what that scan told me:

Scan Results Scan date: 2010-12-09 00:15:35.650000
Total problems found: 36
——————————————————————————–
System related errors
Errors affecting all users on this computer.
——————————————————————————–
Scan subsection: Application paths
Entries found: 0
Entries:
——————————————————————————–
Scan subsection: System software settings
Entries found: 5
Entries:
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MMC\SnapIns\FX:{7d3830aa-e69e-4e17-8bd1-1b87b97099da}
Value name: LinkedHelpTopics
Value: C:\Windows\Help\tpmadmin.chm
Reason: The value LinkedHelpTopics in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/MMC/SnapIns/FX:{7d3830aa-e69e-4e17-8bd1-1b87b97099da} contains an invalid path C:/Windows/Help/tpmadmin.chm
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MMC\SnapIns\FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}
Value name: HelpTopic
Value: C:\Windows\Help\eventviewer.chm
Reason: The value HelpTopic in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/MMC/SnapIns/FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510} contains an invalid path C:/Windows/Help/eventviewer.chm
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MMC\SnapIns\FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}
Value name: LinkedHelpTopics
Value: C:\Windows\Help\eventviewer.chm
Reason: The value LinkedHelpTopics in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/MMC/SnapIns/FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510} contains an invalid path C:/Windows/Help/eventviewer.chm
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MMC\SnapIns\FX:{b05566ae-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}
Value name: HelpTopic
Value: C:\Windows\Help\eventviewer.chm
Reason: The value HelpTopic in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/MMC/SnapIns/FX:{b05566ae-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510} contains an invalid path C:/Windows/Help/eventviewer.chm
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MMC\SnapIns\FX:{b05566ae-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}
Value name: LinkedHelpTopics
Value: C:\Windows\Help\eventviewer.chm
Reason: The value LinkedHelpTopics in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/MMC/SnapIns/FX:{b05566ae-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510} contains an invalid path C:/Windows/Help/eventviewer.chm
——————————————————————————–
Scan subsection: ActiveX, OLE, COM sections
Entries found: 14
Entries:
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{C6BA32D8-4667-4584-90AD-44EE8644B23F}\1.0\HELPDIR
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/TypeLib/{C6BA32D8-4667-4584-90AD-44EE8644B23F}/1.0/HELPDIR is empty
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{E2489565-2CE5-4690-9111-76E79A9F6CCD}\2.0\HELPDIR
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/TypeLib/{E2489565-2CE5-4690-9111-76E79A9F6CCD}/2.0/HELPDIR is empty
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{82D70786-7968-46EA-836D-203AEBCA4481}\1.0\HELPDIR
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/TypeLib/{82D70786-7968-46EA-836D-203AEBCA4481}/1.0/HELPDIR is empty
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{FD609BF1-0E01-403F-8F20-EA238F5CDCC3}\1.0\HELPDIR
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/TypeLib/{FD609BF1-0E01-403F-8F20-EA238F5CDCC3}/1.0/HELPDIR is empty
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{CDA2915E-1593-4013-B8BB-6BAA188A9661}\1.0\HELPDIR
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/TypeLib/{CDA2915E-1593-4013-B8BB-6BAA188A9661}/1.0/HELPDIR is empty
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{2A833A82-6641-11D3-B5FE-00104B0A87C2}\1.0\HELPDIR
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/TypeLib/{2A833A82-6641-11D3-B5FE-00104B0A87C2}/1.0/HELPDIR is empty
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{86CF1D34-0C5F-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}\2.0\HELPDIR
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/TypeLib/{86CF1D34-0C5F-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}/2.0/HELPDIR is empty
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{676F5D7C-DEF5-4B3F-AB0C-2D6CFF567C4A}\1.0\HELPDIR
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/TypeLib/{676F5D7C-DEF5-4B3F-AB0C-2D6CFF567C4A}/1.0/HELPDIR is empty
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{B80D9C62-722B-4A89-8250-D6B0A6B1D978}\1.2\HELPDIR
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/TypeLib/{B80D9C62-722B-4A89-8250-D6B0A6B1D978}/1.2/HELPDIR is empty
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{F5078F18-C551-11D3-89B9-0000F81FE221}\4.0\HELPDIR
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/TypeLib/{F5078F18-C551-11D3-89B9-0000F81FE221}/4.0/HELPDIR is empty
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{5C123CBE-CD8D-4470-B113-4B90D378A2C8}\1.0\HELPDIR
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/TypeLib/{5C123CBE-CD8D-4470-B113-4B90D378A2C8}/1.0/HELPDIR is empty
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{315122C6-B946-4C66-B06E-C65849BE34C0}\1.0\HELPDIR
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/TypeLib/{315122C6-B946-4C66-B06E-C65849BE34C0}/1.0/HELPDIR is empty
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{23CBD637-D6BD-4A9B-B88B-CACA7881806B}\1.0\HELPDIR
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/TypeLib/{23CBD637-D6BD-4A9B-B88B-CACA7881806B}/1.0/HELPDIR is empty
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4BBD81D6-5FF2-47a6-9AAC-05ABE8C45598}\TypeLib
Value name:
Value: {90AF301F-EB7E-4395-A70B-B35D6DD6F421}
Reason: The default value in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/CLSID/{4BBD81D6-5FF2-47a6-9AAC-05ABE8C45598}/TypeLib points to missing TypeLib {90AF301F-EB7E-4395-A70B-B35D6DD6F421}
——————————————————————————–
Scan subsection: Invalid file associations
Entries found: 0
Entries:
——————————————————————————–
Scan subsection: System drivers
Entries found: 0
Entries:
——————————————————————————–
Scan subsection: Startup section
Entries found: 0
Entries:
——————————————————————————–
Scan subsection: Shared DLLs
Entries found: 12
Entries:
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
Value name: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.enterpriseservices.dll
Value: 4096
Reason: The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/SharedDLLs contains an invalid path C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.enterpriseservices.dll
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
Value name: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.configuration.install.dll
Value: 4096
Reason: The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/SharedDLLs contains an invalid path C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.configuration.install.dll
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
Value name: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\wminet_utils.dll
Value: 4096
Reason: The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/SharedDLLs contains an invalid path C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\wminet_utils.dll
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
Value name: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\microsoft.vsa.vb.codedomprocessor.dll
Value: 4096
Reason: The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/SharedDLLs contains an invalid path C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\microsoft.vsa.vb.codedomprocessor.dll
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
Value name: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscordbi.dll
Value: 4096
Reason: The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/SharedDLLs contains an invalid path C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscordbi.dll
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
Value name: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscorrc.dll
Value: 4096
Reason: The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/SharedDLLs contains an invalid path C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscorrc.dll
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
Value name: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\diasymreader.dll
Value: 4096
Reason: The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/SharedDLLs contains an invalid path C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\diasymreader.dll
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
Value name: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\vsavb7rt.dll
Value: 4096
Reason: The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/SharedDLLs contains an invalid path C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\vsavb7rt.dll
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
Value name: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\microsoft.jscript.dll
Value: 4096
Reason: The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/SharedDLLs contains an invalid path C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\microsoft.jscript.dll
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
Value name: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscorsec.dll
Value: 4096
Reason: The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/SharedDLLs contains an invalid path C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscorsec.dll
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
Value name: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\iehost.dll
Value: 4096
Reason: The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/SharedDLLs contains an invalid path C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\iehost.dll
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
Value name: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.data.dll
Value: 4096
Reason: The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/SharedDLLs contains an invalid path C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.data.dll
——————————————————————————–
Scan subsection: Fonts section
Entries found: 0
Entries:
——————————————————————————–
Scan subsection: Help section
Entries found: 0
Entries:
——————————————————————————–
Scan subsection: Shared folders
Entries found: 0
Entries:
——————————————————————————–
User related errors
Errors specific to your Windows account.
——————————————————————————–
Scan subsection: Invalid shortcuts
Entries found: 0
Entries:
——————————————————————————–
Scan subsection: User software settings
Entries found: 4
Entries:
Entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU
Value name: a
Value: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts\1
Reason: The value PackagePath in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/RunMRU contains an invalid path C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts/1
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
Value name: Local Page
Value: C:\Windows\system32\blank.htm
Reason: The value PackagePath in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main contains an invalid path C:/Windows/system32/blank.htm
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media\WMSDK\Namespace
Value name: LocalDelta
Value: C:\Users\Courtney\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Media\12.0\WMSDKNSD.XML
Reason: The value PackagePath in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Media/WMSDK/Namespace contains an invalid path C:/Users/Courtney/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows Media/12.0/WMSDKNSD.XML
——————————————————————————–
Entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media\WMSDK\Namespace
Value name: RemoteDelta
Value: C:\Users\Courtney\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Media\12.0\WMSDKNSR.XML
Reason: The value PackagePath in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Media/WMSDK/Namespace contains an invalid path C:/Users/Courtney/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows Media/12.0/WMSDKNSR.XML
——————————————————————————–
Scan subsection: File extensions
Entries found: 1
Entries:
Entry: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1010909728-3576261270-716080643-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.dmg
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key .dmg under HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1010909728-3576261270-716080643-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.dmg contains a bad path for the value -
——————————————————————————-
Scan subsection: Sound and app events
Entries found: 0
Entries:
——————————————————————————–
Third party related errors
Errors affecting programs installed on your PC.
——————————————————————————–
Scan subsection: Uninstall section
Entries found: 0
Entries:


I'm not sure I even have the capabilities on fixing that. I keep trying to get the line that appears when it does blue screen but I can't seem to write it down fast enough,. I did however download Hijack This ( it said something about my computer not allowing access to some files..something about the 'host' idk….i just ran what it did cause I couldn't figure out what it was telling me to do to change that…..) and got a log file from my computer. It told me to find a chat forum to find some advice from a computer guru- so i am attempting to do so since I obviously am a noob with this computer stuff. thanks to any help! Here is the log file:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 12:28:27 AM, on 12/9/2010
Platform: Windows 7 (WinNT 6.00.3504)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16671)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSN Toolbar\Platform\4.0.0417.0\mswinext.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QLBCtrl.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\PC Tools\sMonitor\SSDMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\Identity Protection\agent\bin\avgidsmonitor.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqToaster.exe
C:\Users\Courtney\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Users\Courtney\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Users\Courtney\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Users\Courtney\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Users\Courtney\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Users\Courtney\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Users\Courtney\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Users\Courtney\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: Search Helper - {6EBF7485-159F-4bff-A14F-B9E3AAC4465B} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Search Helper\SEPsearchhelperie.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: MSN Toolbar BHO - {d2ce3e00-f94a-4740-988e-03dc2f38c34f} - C:\Program Files (x86)\MSN Toolbar\Platform\4.0.0417.0\npwinext.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN Toolbar - {8dcb7100-df86-4384-8842-8fa844297b3f} - C:\Program Files (x86)\MSN Toolbar\Platform\4.0.0417.0\npwinext.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSN Toolbar] "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSN Toolbar\Platform\4.0.0417.0\mswinext.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Default Manager] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Default Manager\DefMgr.exe" -resume
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QlbCtrl.exe] C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WirelessAssistant] C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_TRAY] C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSDMonitor] C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\PC Tools\sMonitor\SSDMonitor.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LightScribe Control Panel] C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe -hidden
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\Courtney\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RegistryBooster] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniblue\RegistryBooster\launcher.exe" delay 20000
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\avgpp.dll
O23 - Service: Andrea ST Filters Service (AESTFilters) - Andrea Electronics Corporation - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt64.inf_amd64_neutral_960c1f056a541068\AESTSr64.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AMD External Events Utility - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AMPingService - Automated Programming Technologies, Inc. - C:\Users\Courtney\AppData\Local\Temp\AMPing.exe
O23 - Service: AVGIDSAgent - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\Identity Protection\Agent\Bin\AVGIDSAgent.exe
O23 - Service: AVG WatchDog (avgwd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Com4QLBEx - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4QLBEx.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: HP Health Check Service - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
O23 - Service: HP Quick Synchronization Service (HPDrvMntSvc.exe) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HPDrvMntSvc.exe
O23 - Service: HP Software Framework Service (hpqwmiex) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
O23 - Service: HP Service (hpsrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Hpservice.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: PC Tools Startup and Shutdown Monitor service (PCToolsSSDMonitorSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\PC Tools\sMonitor\StartManSvc.exe
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Audio Service (STacSV) - IDT, Inc. - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt64.inf_amd64_neutral_960c1f056a541068\STacSV64.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatUX.exe,-601 (WatAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

–
End of file - 9038 bytes

Thanks to anyone who has any idea on what to do with this. I have obviously tried and read till I thought my brain would explode…I give up! help- and thanks again.
Hi there Koutar,
Welcomr to WTT :thumbup:


I would completely ignore the results of "Uniblue registry Booster" . Even if you had absolutely no problems it would find plenty, just like all these Registry Cleaners and System Optimizers will do that are trying to make a sale. The end result of regular use of these programs, often end up in this forum.

Here at WTT we regularly warn people to stay away from these snake-oil programs. Anything that 'cleans' the registry without the PC operator knowing exactly what registry entries are being removed, is heading for PC trouble, even a (permanent) blue screen of death. All these cleaners remove entries that are 'false positives', some more aggressively than others. A couple of vital entries, and it's a permanent BSOD
:pullhair:

The first thing you can do to help your PC is to remove "Uniblue registry Booster"

It seems that you have had the PC for awhile and as you are having intermittent BSOD issues, the first thing I would inspect is internal dust causing overheating problems or a malfunctioning CPU fan.
See here for excellent cleaning advice from one of our Senior Techs, Digerati http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=103649

There are other possible causes of intermittent BSOD, but I would start with giving the PC a good clean.

Cheers,
Lee

Hi there Koutar,
Welcomr to WTT :thumbup:


I would completely ignore the results of "Uniblue registry Booster" . Even if you had absolutely no problems it would find plenty, just like all these Registry Cleaners and System Optimizers will do that are trying to make a sale. The end result of regular use of these programs, often end up in this forum.

Here at WTT we regularly warn people to stay away from these snake-oil programs. Anything that 'cleans' the registry without the PC operator knowing exactly what registry entries are being removed, is heading for PC trouble, even a (permanent) blue screen of death. All these cleaners remove entries that are 'false positives', some more aggressively than others. A couple of vital entries, and it's a permanent BSOD
:pullhair:

The first thing you can do to help your PC is to remove "Uniblue registry Booster"

It seems that you have had the PC for awhile and as you are having intermittent BSOD issues, the first thing I would inspect is internal dust causing overheating problems or a malfunctioning CPU fan.
See here for excellent cleaning advice from one of our Senior Techs, Digerati http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=103649

There are other possible causes of intermittent BSOD, but I would start with giving the PC a good clean.

Cheers,
Lee

Hi there Koutar,
Welcomr to WTT :thumbup:


I would completely ignore the results of "Uniblue registry Booster" . Even if you had absolutely no problems it would find plenty, just like all these Registry Cleaners and System Optimizers will do that are trying to make a sale. The end result of regular use of these programs, often end up in this forum.

Here at WTT we regularly warn people to stay away from these snake-oil programs. Anything that 'cleans' the registry without the PC operator knowing exactly what registry entries are being removed, is heading for PC trouble, even a (permanent) blue screen of death. All these cleaners remove entries that are 'false positives', some more aggressively than others. A couple of vital entries, and it's a permanent BSOD
:pullhair:

The first thing you can do to help your PC is to remove "Uniblue registry Booster"

It seems that you have had the PC for awhile and as you are having intermittent BSOD issues, the first thing I would inspect is internal dust causing overheating problems or a malfunctioning CPU fan.
See here for excellent cleaning advice from one of our Senior Techs, Digerati http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=103649

There are other possible causes of intermittent BSOD, but I would start with giving the PC a good clean.

Cheers,
Lee






Hi Lee,
I did delete that Uniblu thing off my computer already. When the" blue screen" comes up it says that there is is an uncorrectable hardware error- but then again it keeps saying this- sometimes it will go to a black screen- once in awhile a white one…sometimes my computer will run ( hell even while I am typing this it has blue screened twice so far- . what I didn't say it that before I installed windows 7- my cats chewed on my power cord (they are now cat jerky lol) and I took it to a place called Fry's here in Las Vegas- they said that my battery was fine- tho when I got it back it wouldn't even hold a charge! I had to buy a new one…it works fine now- the motherboard apparently had been fried and my cd-rom stopped working all around the same time. I had the motherboard replace from there too- my worst fear right now is that it might be an electrical thing…x.x; maybe I am just too worried about all this! ( love my computer)…I just want it to work! >
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8005070038
BCP3: 00000000B24A4000
BCP4: 0000000000000175
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

from what i was reading about BCCode- isn't that registry? IDK. thank you I will get to cleaning it first- Somehow thought I don't think that's going to fix all the problems :(
if I've ACTUALLY used any registry cleaners- cause I thought this might be the problem…x.x I downloaded this it was free from cnet.com Free Window Registry Repair 2.0….which allows you to chose and see what comes up and creates a restore point. I used it but my computer still bluescreens so like I said I will try cleaning it- this is just frustrating I've been trying to get this thing fixed for like 6 months lol…

Edit: I deleted the 5 additional identical posts. Please be patient when posting as it may take a little while for it to show up here.
BCCode: 124 usually refers to overheating / faulty hardware or a driver problem, so we are going to go with a process of elimination (your not running twin SLI video cards are you by any chance?).

The first thing that needs checking is your RAM sticks and their mobo slots, as RAM is the first hardware suspect.
We'll start with steps 1.2.3 first though.

1. Uninstall "Window Registry Repair 2.0"
(please try to avoid downloading any more software with any of these words in their name: registry / repair / clean / optimize / windows / boost / microsoft / fix. In fact it would probably be a good idea to stop trying to 'Google Fix' your PC while you are here. It's your PC though, so at least keep us informed as to anything else you do download or try, thanks).

2. Have you now cleaned the dust out of your PC as per Digerati's instructions?

3. Go to Microsoft and do a current update including any drivers available.

4. Make sure your RAM sticks are correctly seated (please don't think "their fine", actually check them please).

5. Download MemTest-86 http://www.memtest86.com/

6. Read and apply: "How to use MemTest":
http://www.custompcblog.com/troubleshootin…-tutorial-guide

Lest us know how you went with all of the above steps :thumbup:

Cheers,
Lee

PS Edit:
Sorry but I'm amiss here. Number 1 should have been: Back-up to removable media all important info.in your 'My Documents' folder and elsewhere on your PC, including passwords and email etc.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI