Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

BLUE SCREENS

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 MALC

MALC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:53 AM

Hi to everyone at What the Tech & a very Happy New Year to you all. My name is Malcolm & I am still very much in the learning mode with my PC . I would therefore ask whoever draws the short straw to bare this in mind. For a number of months now I keep getting a BLUE SCREEN & despite the help from a knowledgeable friend & an expert they seem to be getting more frequent. There is no set pattern as to when they happen. It has shown up when switching on, surfing the net , running spy & anti virus programs etc. etc. I dont believe that they are the result of new soft or hardware. I understand that it could be very difficult to solve this problem but I would be very gratefull of any input you can put in. I can give you the last seven STOP messages if you require them. Please note that all these messages are different. Regards Malcolm.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:29 AM

Hi MALC, and welcome to the WTT forums,

Sorry to hear of the blue screen problems you have been experiencing. Yes it would be helpful for you to let us the error codes
(from the blue screens), as this may give us something to go on.

You mention that don't believe that new software or hardware is implicated, but it would also be helpful to know what system changes or new or uninstalled applications have been carried out over the time since the problem began.

the fact that you are getting a lot of these blue screens is not good................. there is obviously a problem with your installation causing the instability and as you say it may not be easy to find a solution.

If you go here:
http://pcpitstop.com/
and look under tests and scans in the left hand panel you can perform a "full test" This is free and will provide lots of important information about your machine and what is going on inside it. If you include the "Tech Express" link in your next reply to us here it will help us to point you in the right direction.

You will be asked to register at PcPitstop and accept an ActiveX control, both are generally considered safe from that site.
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 MALC

MALC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:55 AM

Sorry to hear of the blue screen problems you have been experiencing. Yes it would be helpful for you to let us the error codes

You mention that don't believe that new software or hardware is implicated, but it would also be helpful to know what system changes or new or uninstalled applications have been carried out over the time since the problem began.

the fact that you are getting a lot of these blue screens is not good................. there is obviously a problem with your installation causing the instability and as you say it may not be easy to find a solution.

If you go here:
and look under tests and scans in the left hand panel you can perform a "full test" This is free and will provide lots of important information about your machine and what is going on inside it. If you include the "Tech Express" link in your next reply to us here it will help us to point you in the right direction.

You will be asked to register at PcPitstop and accept an ActiveX control, both are generally considered safe from that site.
Regards
paws

#4 MALC

MALC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:58 AM

If you go here:

Regards
paws

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:24 AM

Hi MALC You seem to have responded ( twice!) but included no feedback....... or "TECH Express" link. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#6 MALC

MALC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:10 PM

Hi Paws, I have found replying to you very difficult. I sent you details of what you required but obviously they did not arrive. So here we go again. 1. The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of; OXCOOOOOO5 (OXOOOOOOOO OXOOOOOOOO). 2. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usbuhci sys - Address F78B9AL8 base at F78B8000, Datestamp 41107d62. 3. STOP: COOOO221 unknown Hand Error \system Root\ System 32\ntd 77. d 77. 4. BAD_POOL_HEADER STOP:OXOOOOOO19 (OXOOOOOO2O, OX864008B8,OX864008D8, OXOA040001. 5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP; OXOOOOOOOA (OXOOOOOO14, OXOOOOOOO2, OXOOOOOOOO, OX8O4E2321). 6. STOP: COOOO21a [Fatal system Error]. The Windows subsystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of OXCOOOOOO5 (OX75eae1fo oxoo69dd14). The system has been shut down. 7. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON PAGED_AREA. STOP:OXOOOOOO5O (OXE9C49838, OXOOOOOOOO, OXF79FC3A5, OXOOOOOOO2) Npfs. sys - Address F79FC3A5 base at F79F8000, Datestamp 41107686. I have not been able to access the other information that you required as yet but will keep trying. Regards Malcolm.

#7 MALC

MALC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:53 AM

Hi Paws would you please confirm that you received pc Pit Stop full test results. REGARDS Malcolm

#8 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:38 PM

Hi MALC No nothing received from you on this....(it's the Tech Express link I want) Regards paws

#9 MALC

MALC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:27 AM

Summary Computer Name: DAYS Date Tested: Sun Jan 13 16:53:48 UTC 2008 This system performs well on our benchmarks, and should have plenty of power for most applications. You may be able to add a few system upgrades or tweak some Windows settings to improve performance. Regular system maintenance is also important to keep your system running in top condition. This is your customized advice based on PC Pitstop's tests. Click on an item at left to find out what it means and what to do. Customized Tune-up Tips • Sub Optimal Internet Performance • Reduce System Restore space (Drive D) • Update outdated device drivers • Adjust IE browser cache size • Auto-filling Forms with IE May Present a Security Risk • Check background programs • Install Backup Software Configuration Summary: Our analysis was based on the data collected from this computer. A summary of the data collected is shown below. Click on any of the subsystem names or flags in the table below to see more information, or use the test details to see all the data on one page. For a list of programs running on your computer, including spyware, see the Windows details page. The test history page has a summary of previous tests for this configuration. See how your system compares to others we've tested. Subsystem Status Description System Intel Pentium D, 3000 MHz Memory 1024MB RAM Disk Drive D Video Intel® G965 Express Chipset Family Internet MSIE 7.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30 Windows Windows XP Pro SP2 Security Compare Serious Problem Minor Problem A Winner! • Suggestion Your Score? Click Here Attention: You are running as Administrator. Thank you for testing at PC Pitstop. Important: Before leaving the PC Pitstop site, please shut down this instance of Internet Explorer that is running as Administrator. Attention: You are running unprotected. Thank you for testing at PC Pitstop. Important: Before leaving the PC Pitstop site, please shut down this instance of Internet Explorer that is running with Protected Mode disabled. View/change PC use and connection info Home | Our Legal Stuff | Privacy Policy | Press | Our Store | Link to Us Testimonials | Customer Service | Support PC Pitstop | Printable Page

#10 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:26 PM

Hi MALC Its the Tech Express Link that I need (That allows me to see the whole report) Regards Paws

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 MALC

MALC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:26 PM

Hi Paws I am sorry, but would you please tell me what the Tech Express link is, where I can find it and how do I get it to you? Regards Malc.

#12 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:50 PM

Hi Malc
Have a look here
http://pcpitstop.com/faq/sharing.asp
Regards
paws

#13 MALC

MALC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:24 PM

Home Page Radio Listeners Pitstop Store Newsletter info Logged in Malcolm Day > Logout > Change Login Tests and Scans Full Tests Optimize 2.0 Internet Speed Spyware Scan AntiVirus Running Programs Data Profiler Driver Alert Disk Health Check ActiveX Vista Readiness Info Centers Help & Support Battling Spyware Gator / Claria Privacy & ID Theft MaxPC Performance PC Safety The Pit Blog PC Market Trends About Us Forums Forums Home Fix My PC Internet Tests Viruses & Spyware Site Feedback Current Test Results Summary Test Details Hardware List Installed Software Software by Category System Comparisons Test History Share Results with Your System Score Overall score for system "DAYS": 1845 Discuss your score in our online forums! Your system score is merely a rough estimate of your computer's performance. We recommend that you use your score as a way to track your own computer's performance and health over time, not as a way to compare your PC to other PCs. If you would like to see where your computer stands in the population of systems tested at PC Pitstop, click here for a comparison. Remember: the important thing isn't the actual numerical score, but the performance and security of your system. How the score is calculated The overall system score is made up of the weighted sum of your performance scores in the areas that PC Pitstop tests. Internet performance is capped at 100 points; connections faster than 1000Kb/sec will receive the maximum possible score of 100 for that category. A deduction is made for any red-flag or yellow-flag tips that you receive. "What is the highest possible score?" Our score is an open-ended scale. As long as they keep making faster computers there will be higher scores. On the System Comparisons page, we show the typical scores for systems that are similar to yours. "How do I get a higher score?" You can usually increase your score by clicking on each tip and following the instructions you receive so that you can eliminate the problem. Then try to eliminate as many background programs as possible since they can interfere with CPU, memory, and disk performance; you can see a color-coded list of what you were running during the test on the Test Details page. You may be able to get better scores by finding faster video drivers. Finally, you can improve the performance of the system by upgrading or replacing components. Your Score Category Typical Value Your Value Weight Weighted Score Processor (CPU) Millions of instructions per second (MIPS) 9262 9345 0.100 935 Memory (RAM) Megabytes per second (MB/sec) 7231 5645 0.100 565 Video 2D Megapixels per second (MP/sec) 191 191 1.000 191 Uncached Disk I/O Megabytes per second (MB/sec) 45 47 2.000 94 Internet Download Kilobits per second (Kb/sec) 285 1028 0.100 100 Tips Deduction for red/yellow flags 4 -10 -40 Total Weighted Score 1959 1845 Home | Our Legal Stuff | Privacy Policy | Press | Our Store | Link to Us Testimonials | Customer Service | Support PC Pitstop | Printable Page

#14 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:26 PM

Hi MALC I'll cut directly to the "cheese". IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL : This error occurs only when you have either a buggy driver or an actual hardware conflict. Solve the problem by re-install all drivers for your hardware with the driver.installation cd which came with your pc. Check your hardware for conflicts. To check for conflicts, follow these steps: 1: Go to the control panel, either through the start menu or in "my computer" 2: Find the icon System 3: Go to the hardware tab 4: Click devices (dont know what its called in english, have a danish version, sry) 5: Look for yellow ? or !. ? means missing driver, and ! means there is a hardware conflict. If you have a missing driver on any hardware, update its driver with your afore mentioned cd or let windows try find one on the net. Concerning a hardware conflict I must be honest, and tell you that I don't know how to solve that. Maybe someone else in this great forum can tell you ;) BAD_POOL_HEADER : Is a tricky one. It only occurs when you have made some critical change to your system which doesn't comply with your hardware or system setup. To locate the culprit here, really depends on you remembering which changes you have made to either or both. All the error messages containing STOP...etc. is your systems critical stop function. It automatically stops before any more harm can occur, which brings us back to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Hope this post helps you somewhat further to solve your problem. Kind regards Abydos

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde

#15 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

Hi MALC,

The section for you to follow is in red below. Please post as Paws advised:

Please Run the PCPitstop Full Tests, here:
http://www.pcpitstop.com
Register and create a password
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.
Full Tests is the first item in the left hand column of that page.

The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.
Once you have your Results, please post the TechExpress Link back here into this thread for review.
TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page.
Post the entire URL link information back here into this Forum thread.

kind regards,