This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

IE only works with add-ons disabled

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

The computer is connected with Sprint 4G wireless. It was working fine when it had IE7, but now that it's been updated to ver 8 when IE is opened it says "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem…etc" and this is what it says when I click "for more information about this error" Error signature appname: iexplore.exe modver: 6.0.2900.6028 appver: 8.0.6001.18702 offset: 00083871 modname:comctl32.dll IE will only run if I right click - start w/out add-ons. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.
Darn. OK, thanks. It's a friend's father's computer so I'll have him try that sometime this week when he's free. Otherwise his father will take it to Best Buy in a panic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI