This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Start search bar porblem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I am currently running windows 7 with Kaspersky internet security 2011 , and my search bar isn't working properly. It used to work just fine until last spring. Here is what I see when I search for a program on my computer:
[external image: Posted Image]

When I click on one of the options I get this:
[external image: Posted Image]

This is what happens when I click on: Why can't these files be opened?

This is how my start bar is configured. It is pretty much the default. Even when I change it back to default the search bar still doesn't work.
[external image: Posted Image]

Thank you in advance for any help.
Thanks for supplying the solution (useful for other folks who come across this thread in the future with similar problems)
Glad you got it fixed
:thumbup:
Note for other readers of this topic
Editing the Registry can be dangerous for the inexperienced, and can cause serious errors if you make a mistake, for this reason always back up your Registry before making any alterations…Erunt is good for this:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/erunt.html
Regards
paws
Hello Lonesome Me, I was also facing the same problem yesterday, and got solved it. I just would like thanks for providing this helpful link here.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI