This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Problem with Software Installation

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am trying to install Serif PagePlus X5 on a laptop running XP Pro. I get a popup message :- "Invalid drive: G:\" and the installation aborts. Thinking that maybe the original level (X2) was somehow interacting I went into Software Removal to take this off but got the same message. Anybody else had this? Searching the net reveals this is a registry error (11327) in some dll or other but I don't like downloading registry 'fixes' without some recommendation. Microsoft just ignore the problem.
Solved it!! I discovered by searching the Registry that a fictitious Drive G had been inserted in the following :- HKEY CurrentUsers\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\ User Shell Folders. When I re-assigned 'My Music', 'My Documents' and 'My Videos' to Drive C, there was no further trouble. Just how this state of affairs occurred I have no idea, but looking at the net it seems to give a lot of people grief. Somebody should keep this fix and maybe somebody smarter than me can perhaps tell us what happened to cause the problem?? Meanwhile :woot: :popcorn: Cheers, Alan

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI