I recently purchased a Dell XPS 8100 and have learned there are recovery options in case of trouble.
1-I image so I think that would be the first choice.
2-pc restore alledgedly restores the pc to facotry condition but removes all aplications etc . I think there is a provision to backup during this process and when complete there is supposed to be a folder on the desktop to recover applications and data that was backed up. I have only read this though and am unsure.
3- recovery dvds that I created seem to be the same as pc restore but I am not sure if I shoud use this or pc restore first.
I know this is cumbersome but any help appreciated.
P.S. I am clicking on the spell check which tells me to go to the download page but nothing happens. Am I missing something as it used to work with my older pc??
Dell is a maverick and has its own language like system restore, pc restore and then there are the dvds I had to create.
I also have my image I made with Acronis.
I understand system restore but am unclear about the following ones due to language.
I do not want to lose my programs and other applications.
Dell reports that pc restore and the two recover discs i made are the same and will recover programs, applicastions etc but the o.s. disc wil restore to factory condition without retoring the applications. i would not have a way to retrieve them unless it is possible to install the dvds I made after. No cds were sent other than the os i had to request and Roxio.They said pc restore and the dvds will format and reinstall everything.
I am skeptical of their information but will have to hope my imaging will preclude all of this.
M.S. updates are failing to download and install now also -what a great purchase.
I have used the Dell PC Restore and it works exactly as advertised. You end up with a computer identical to how it was the day you purchased it. I believe the DVD set you made is identical to PC Restore.
That is my understanding also.
Btw, the reason I could not download and install updates was because the pc came through with the internet time zone syncronization not set properly. That has been rectified and updates now work.
Perhaps someone reading this post will benefit.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI