Hi
After I used CCleaner today I noticed my Hotmail attachments became unviewable and the paperclip icon greyed out. There is an indication of attachments but when I click into the mail, there is nothing. If I forward the mail on, an image appears at the top of my message which shows the attachment is there but it is unclickable…I have Googled all day to try to solve this problem myself but have resorted to you again :))) Thankyou
Belinda
Note (as an edit) I opened Hotmail on another computer and the problems still exists so perhaps CCleaner wasn't the problem; purely a Hotmail issue perhaps.
Hello devonrexcatz,
At WTT, we actively discourage members from using something like CCleaner. Anything which claims to "clean" or "fix" your registry often creates problems.
If you didn't clean your registry with it, then you probably tried cleaning up your temporary files. If you can let me know what browser you have, I can talk you through deleting your browser cache/cookies/temp files. In theory, that should fix any problems that your computer may be having when it accesses Hotmail.
If it doesn't fix it, then you're right, and it's probably a problem with Hotmail itself.
Cheers,
Nahumi
If the same problem occurs on two different computers then it's not associated with anything CCleaner did. I agree you need to pursue this with Hotmail.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI