Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Rotten IE

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 karhn

karhn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:55 PM

I installed IE8.I uninstalled it and it rolled back to IE7 but i done a system restore and it became half-half etc... When i go to hotmail with IE, i get a message about windows cardspace.

Attached Thumbnails

• ie.JPG
  • untitled.JPG

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 karhn

karhn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:02 AM

Any idea?

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:13 AM

Consider installing .NET Framework 3.0

http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

If your machine already has .NET Framework 3.0, Consider installing the incremental upgrade to .NET Framework 3.5

Note: Uninstall prior versions of .Net Framework 3.5 before installing this upgrade.
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#4 karhn

karhn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:34 PM

i have .NET Framework 1.1 .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 .NET Framework 3.5 SP1

Edited by karhn, 17 April 2009 - 07:35 PM.

#5 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:44 PM

Try increasing the size of allocated space for event logs. One of CardSpace's bugs is to treat a full log as a critical error and terminate with the error message you are seeing.

http://social.msdn.m...9c-45e49ab9e764

Click on Start then Run, type eventvwr.msc and press Enter of click Go.
In the right pane, right click on each size and double it. Make the 512KB ones 1024KB and the 64KB one 128KB.

See if that helps.

Alternatively, you could just clear all events from the right click context menu and see if that helps.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#6 karhn

karhn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:49 AM

What does that have to do with Cardspace error and IE?

#7 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:33 PM

Cardspace = Cardspace. Doesn't matter where/how it's invoked. As far as I know there is only one, so the info I gave you may resolve the problem. It's easy to do and if it doesn't help you can set it back just as easily.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#8 karhn

karhn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

It didn't help, it still shows windows cardspace and as usual it appears 3 times.

Edited by karhn, 18 April 2009 - 07:43 PM.

#9 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:34 PM

Read Suggestion #19 in --- Windows CardSpace - Help as it appears in your Control Panel:

Also, when you double-click on Windows CardSpace in your Control Panel, a Warning/Error panel may appear AND it will give you an option to REPAIR.

If the above two ideas don't help, then please look in Event Viewer > Application

Please copy the complete text of any Error (related to CardSpace) into a .txt file and copy paste it here into your next Reply

#10 karhn

karhn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

When i open windows cardspace, it shows "windows cardspace has encountered a problem" and an error saying "The windows cardspace service cannot be started. The service may have been disabled by your administrator".

Faulting application infocard.exe, version 3.0.4506.2152, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5781, fault address 0x00012afb. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp

#11 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:06 PM

I am not a Windows CardSpace user, so may not be of much help. But for what it's worth.... Here's how I have the Services set CardSpace_Services.jpg Make yours look the same, and then let us know how things work for you. _____________- Also, in Pontrol Panel - Windows CardSpace you may need to look into Preferences and be sure that "enable" has a checkmark tick for applications that use CardSpace. _________________- I'm also not a big fan of .Net Framework, though I now have it running on almost all of my machines due to application dependencies of various office/business related third-party software. I mention "not being a big fan" because I have seen so many machines that were running just fine, until they allowed .Net Framework versions to be installed via MS Updates. To their credit, MS seems to have cleaned up the functionality of .Net Framework, but I am still only a reluctant user. Why mention any of the above? Well, unless you separately installed Windows CardSpace, you got it placed on your machine the same way I did... via MS auto-updates, particularly when .Net Framework 3.0 was installed. You "may" be able to clear up any problems you are having with CardSpace, by uninstalling and then reinstalling .Net Framework 3.0, and then updating to .Net Framework 3.5 I would "probably" uninstall "all versions of .Net Framework. But, you should know that several valued applications have .net framework as a dependency. For instance: Quicken Quick Books Turbo Tax MS Passport So Beware, that if you uninstall .net Frameworks, your applications may not work properly until you reinstall .net framework and update it.

#12 karhn

karhn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:37 AM

It's the same when i opened it. I can't open windows cardspace from control panel, it would show "windows cardspace has encountered a problem" and an error saying "The windows cardspace service cannot be started. The service may have been disabled by your administrator".

#13 karhn

karhn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:51 AM

You "may" be able to clear up any problems you are having with CardSpace, by uninstalling and then reinstalling .Net Framework 3.0, and then updating to .Net Framework 3.5

I would "probably" uninstall "all versions of .Net Framework.
But, you should know that several valued applications have .net framework as a dependency.
For instance:
Quicken
Quick Books
Turbo Tax
MS Passport

So Beware, that if you uninstall .net Frameworks, your applications may not work properly until you reinstall .net framework and update it.

I couldn't uninstall all .net Frameworks version except for .NET Framework 1.1.
It says i need a disc and error uninstalling .NET Framework 3.5.
Any Idea?