This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

windows 7 drivers for hardware

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Not too tech savvy on this subject. I have just installed windows 7 on to my pc, after having xp on it. XP is in .old windows folder on the same drive. I would like to check which hardware I would have to update drivers on. I have listed my hardware below: Targa visionary monitor Hp Printer Desktop F380 Nvidia Graphics Card external floppy drive 1 Liteon DVD-RW 1 Optiarc AD-7170S ATA drive ide, sata & usb hard drives pci card I have included all the hardware on my pc. I don't know whether I need driver updates for the hard drives or not, but I included them anyway. The only reference as to model on the Liteon dvdrw is what is listed in device manager which is: ATAPI iHAS324 A ATA DEVICE. Could someone tell me the exact way of installing drivers, or do the files run themselves? Do I need to remove the old drivers first? Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley
Not too tech savvy where hardware and drivers are concerned. I have just installed windows 7 on my pc. Windows xp is on the same disk in the windows.old folder. I take it because this folder exists is the reason why my motherboard, chip and sound are working at the moment. According to MS, once you are sure your settings etc are where they should be that the windows.old folder can be deleted by using disk cleanup. Once I delete this folder, will I have to install my motherboard, chip, sound drivers, graphics card, pci card, speakers etc? The pc is a self build. The motherboard is an Asrock 2 Core1333-2.66G Socket 775 motherboard bundle. The cooler is an Arctic AC-FRZ-7P Socket 775 CPU Cooler. The sound drivers are also included on the disc. They are Realtek. Hope what I have written makes sense, but if not, please ask for more details. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI