This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Laptop battery icon says "plugged in, not charging"

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 that is running Vista. It still has the original battery but I did have to replace the AC adapter about a year ago. I replaced it with a Targus that is intended for use with this system. It has worked without an issue until a day or so ago when I began seeing that the battery icon when moused over showed the message "plugged in, not charging" with the battery showing 15% charged. The computer runs fine when plugged in but cannot charge it. Also tocday I started getting a message that the computer could not detect the AC adapter when I started the computer. However, the computer is running off of the AC right now and for the last 4 hours without issue so it has to be detecting it. I have tried to remove and insert it back into the computer and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver for the battery which is a solution I found on here without success. Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI