This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Charger Not Recognized ---- Plugged In, Not Charging

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Greetings.

 

Yes, I know this is a popular complaint.  I have looked around here and on the net and don't see exactly my problem, nor any fix that has worked for me so far.

 

Inspiron 3541, couple years old.  Win 10

Started this sequence with the original battery.  Have used various Dell and "equivalent" chargers.

 

Some months ago started getting "Charger not recognized."  Clicked "yeah, okay" and everything continued to work.

Month or so ago got "Plugged in, not charging."  This persisted, I bought a new battery.  Not Dell.  Still not charging.  Bought a Dell charger.  STILL not charging.  Then the new battery ran down to 11%, and on the next reboot all was working again.
Last night it was again not charging.  I shut it down overnight.  This morning it gives "Charger not recognized" and STILL not charging.

 

Oh—somewhere along here I tried a couple of things I found on the web.  It was suggested that there is a registry entry from an update that causes this, and all y'gotta do is delete that.  But it wasn't there.  I don't remember what else.  No reason to think the jack is not working.

 

Anybody got a handle on this?

 

 

Thanks,

denno

 

Big OOPS

 

Just discovered I plugged in the old charger by mistake.  Perhaps I should put it away.

 

Can't find where to mark this "solved."

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI