This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

RD without VPN!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Thanks Tomk for the reply. Can you please elaborate on this? Do you mean that if the local computer and the computer that you want to access through RD are on the same LAN, then RD can be done without being connected to VPN?
Please confirm if I am correct: Except the above mentioned case in my previous post, all the cases require user to connect to VPN to connect to RD.
Sorry… I cannot confirm that. All I can tell you is… I've used it through VPN and on the LAN. Therefore I know it will work both of those ways. I am not knowledgeable enough to tell you that there is no other way to do it. It is much easier to discuss the known, than disprove the unknown. May I ask why you are trying to prove a negative?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI