Sure. Open a Command Prompt or from Start / Run enter shutdown /s /t nn to shutdown the computer or shutdown /r /t nn to shutdown then restart the computer (nn is the number of seconds to wait until the shutdown occurs. If you want immediate, enter /t 0).
Enter shutdown /? from a command Prompt for full help.
You will lose the VPN connection when this happens and will have to reconnect after the restart.
You can also start your machine by using the "Wake-on-LAN" feature in the BIOS. You'll need to talk to your IT administrator to turn the feature on and to configure the firewall to allow the incoming "magic" packet.
I haven't tried it, but this application should let you send the "magic" packet : http://magicpacket.free.fr/
Thanks ztrucker - it works!!!
Is there any option for shutdown/restart appears on the machine in which I am logged in using VPN…just asking if there is any other option in which I don t have to remember this command…