This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Remote Desktop

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

 

 So I installed RD on my on my phone and computer. I tried setting it up but it just won't work. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I type in the machine I wanna connect to's IP, then type in the credential to get into the gateway that gives access to my machine, but when I try to initiate the connection it never works. What can I do? I know all the IP's, the only thing I can think that might interfere is that I don't have a HomeGroup. That shouldn't matter though as long as the gateway is connected to the machine I want to use.

 

Thanks,

 

Jonathan

Hello,

 

 So I installed RD on my on my phone and computer. I tried setting it up but it just won't work. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I type in the machine I wanna connect to's IP, then type in the credential to get into the gateway that gives access to my machine, but when I try to initiate the connection it never works. What can I do? I know all the IP's, the only thing I can think that might interfere is that I don't have a HomeGroup. That shouldn't matter though as long as the gateway is connected to the machine I want to use.

 

Thanks,

 

Jonathan

 

Did you ensure you entered the internal IP address (which you can get by command prompting) or external IP address (go on www.whatismyip.com when you're on the machine you want to connect to), whatever they asked for?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI