This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Need Help with Remote Desktop!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello friends, JUst want to know one thing that is there any way that I can copy any file from the computer to which I have access through VPN/Remote Desktop access?
You can transfer files using LogMeIn2, but only for the first 15 days I believe. Once the trial version of 2 expires and you're left with the free version, you lose a lot of the features.
Hi Brother Bill, welcome to WhatTheTech. Vijay said he's using VPN/Remote Desktop so LogMeIn or CrossLoop or equivalentdoes not look like it would be a solution. The links Doug provided should help though. I like your hardware/software spread though .. all you're missing is Win 7 :D (and maybe Linux Mint)
Hi Ztruker, Thanks. My comment was really to clarify the availabilty of file transfers on LogMeIn. I thought that maybe Doug was suggesting it's use. It's a great program but the free version is somewhat limited. Still comes in handy sometimes. I've got technologically challenged family all over this country. I'm still looking for another box with Win7 on it. I'd like to get familiar with it as well. I do still have a couple downstairs with DOS and 3.1 on them as well. I just don't get to play with them much anymore.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI