Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91701 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

OE won't send

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gbsk

gbsk

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

I just came from the malware forum and they pronounced my computer clean so they sent me here. I have OE but for the past week, all my emails will not send. I can receive. I get this error message. An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'States expand efforts to combat 'funny honey'', Account: 'mail.gci.net', Server: 'smtp.gci.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 Suspicious message', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F This email was sent to my son. I copied an article to send him. Since this message, no others have gone out so I have 23 emails stacked up in Outbox. I went to MS website for the error number. I followed it precisely and even called my ISP about it and they checked out what I did. They said it was a MS problem. Here is a second error message I got, also on a copied article. I have sent out hundreds of articles before but this has never happened. The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. Subject 'http://umichisr.qual...ah3IpkxSDshmVGk' Account: 'mail.gci.net (1)', Server: 'smtp.gci.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78 Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 gbsk

gbsk

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:03 AM

I just tried disabling Avast and some of the emails went through. Now I am getting this message. The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. Server Response: '530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78 Thanks GB