Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Getting rid of BING

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dconant1

dconant1

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:43 PM

I have a Bing toolbar, yahoo and google, all stacked on top of one another. I search the internet to find out how to delete and folks say go to: add/remove programs in control panel. But I don't see the Bing program in there. I have IE7.0 and it probably was inserted when I downloaded that browser but I don't want it. How do I delete this?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:06 AM

I have ie8 so wont be able to reproduce you're issue, but a quick solution to minimise you're issue, open the browser, right click on an empty bit along the bar (on the grey of the normal bar), and if you have clicked in the right place (if not just try other rows on the grey), you should see all the options displayed on the bars, uncheck the Bing bar, agree to disable if prompted, and it will be removed from you're display, so it will no longer be in you're way at least.

You could try Revo Uninstaller, but I fear if you're add\remove doesn't show it this may not either, but cant hurt to try.
Here is a possible way to do it from what I have found, hope something here helps:-

Toolbar Removal for Windows XP
1.Type appwiz.cpl into a command prompt and press ENTER.
2.In the Currently installed programs list, click Web or search tool bar to remove, and then click Remove.
3.Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall and complete the toolbar removal.
4.To uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, click Microsoft Silverlight from the Currently installed programs list, and then click Remove. If you uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, you won’t be able to use Bing Bar until you reinstall Microsoft Silverlight.

Toolbar Removal for Windows Vista
1.Type appwiz.cpl into a command prompt and press ENTER.
2.In the Uninstall or change program list, click Web or search tool bar to remove.
3.Click Uninstall.
4.Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall and complete the toolbar removal.
5.To uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, click Microsoft Silverlight from the Uninstall or change program list.
6.Click Uninstall. If you uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, you won’t be able to use Bing Bar until you reinstall Microsoft Silverlight.

Braindead

#3 dconant1

dconant1

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

thanks so much. It worked and BING doesn't show up any longer. We got back the screen space we wanted. it has helped with other programs. thanks again, dc