Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Java in IE8 vs IE9

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 uam0096

uam0096

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:55 AM

Hi all, I am currently having a problem on our domain where every time someone wants to join a goto meeting, training, or webinar the uac box pops up asking for admin rights. I know this uses java to open the web based training or session. We are currently using IE8 across the organization and will probably be a little while before we make the switch to IE9 due to some issues with compatibility of other programs and internal web stuff. I have tested this in IE9 and it does not prompt the user for admin credentials, it just opens the meeting. So I guess my question is can anyone tell me how IE9 handles the Java applet differently than IE8. I have tried making changes in the console with no results. This would help me greatly is finding out if there is an alternative solution rather than upgrading everyone to IE9. Thanks, Anthony

Advertisements

Register to Remove