This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Missing options

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've been having some problems with my video card, I think. Awhile back, I restarted my Gateway laptop, and I downloaded drivers. It wasnt as good as it as before, I think the version I had before the discs was better, newer, etc. I did this again recently, and I downloaded the same drivers, but my ATI looks funny when I open the control center. Also, I cant change the color of the bars, like I could before, and when I click "Switch Between Windows", it comes up with a simple bar, not the little version in the middle of the screen as before. Also, when I open several windows, when I hover over one that isnt active, it does not show the tiny version of the window, like before. Im not sure if this is because I missed a driver, or because I unzipped it wrong. I dont think I did that wrong though, because I can display the "Bubbles" screensaver, and I couldnt before I installed the ATI driver, or maybe the Agere Modem one, Im not good with computers, so Im not sure which one did it. If it helps, I think my computer uses Radeon x1270. I would greatly appreciate some help, thank you! :)
Thats good to hear…well done! :thumbup: If this is the same machine that you need advice on re virus malware etc. be sure not to make any system changes on it once you have posted your logs in the malware removal forum….. The malware fighters have a tough job and it makes it even more difficult if they are faced with a "moving" target! Regards paws
I actually tried to find my topics for that thread, and I couldnt. But I used MBAM on the machine, then restarted it, ad there have been no redirects, because I think it was said the problem was in the modem, and I have my own internet now, so I dont use the infected one, and there havent been any problems. Should I use a malware detector just to be sure? Thank you!
Hi, Ok I understand,
Here's the link to your malware topic:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…mp;#entry680391

The best thing to do is to wait…… (I know it's tough…) but a malware fighter will respond to your post as soon as possible.
Just a heads up… the malware fighters look first for topics with Zero responses…so don't go making a "follow up" post in your malware topic!

Your malware fighter will almost cerainly ask you to provide some other scans…. as HJT, alas, no longer provides a totally comprehensive view of what is going on inside your machine.
Remember now….. no follow up post in your malware topic, until a malware fighter responds to you.

If you haven't had a responce form a malware fighter within 3 days then post back here…….. I'll keep an eye open on this topic for you.
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI