Chosen of Tzeentch
Topic Starter
I need a little help here,
My Desktop Computer is a Compaq Presario with 1.00GB of RAM, the processor is an AMD Sempron 3000+ though I am unsure of its Age.
my OS is Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (MS Windows XP Professional SP2)
The problem I am experiencing is rather vexing, i have a screen shot of the issue that I've saved fro later use, perhaps it can help.
http://www.snapdrive.net/files/190310/nodisplayoptions.JPG (image size is rather large, posting a simple link to avoid stretching the thread, as you can see i have no display options and only three resolution setting options)
I understand this might be a problem with my Graphics card (Nvidia GeForce 6600) though I have made sure on countless occasion that the Drivers are up-to-date and that everything is correctly inserted / plugged in.
So far the things i have done to correct this problem is Try restoring my system to a previous date (June 21st, 2008) and I've taken the precaution of backing up all files i Deemed important to me onto CDs. I was planning on trying to Format my drive and start from scratch but was unsure if the problem would persist as i am fairly certain that it in fact lies with my graphics card or some related cause.
another problem i have encounted is that when i try to "Restore Active Desktop" i get the following Error
[external image: Posted Image]
I've recieved this error for as long as I can remember and never thought much of it as i could manually go in and restore it myself.
as of late my Cousin has moved in with my temporarily and we were searching for some no-cd fixes for our games (such as Diablo 2, Starcraft, Elder Scrolls Four: Oblivion…basically games that would require BOTH of us to be using the same CD at the same time.) I am highly aware that these programs can contain malware and I've scanned files before installing / downloading them onto my computer using Grisoft's AVG anti-virus.
again, this may be putting too much thought into the issue however it's become frusterating as i have never encountered these issues before and I cannot find anything on the subject.
My Desktop Computer is a Compaq Presario with 1.00GB of RAM, the processor is an AMD Sempron 3000+ though I am unsure of its Age.
my OS is Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (MS Windows XP Professional SP2)
The problem I am experiencing is rather vexing, i have a screen shot of the issue that I've saved fro later use, perhaps it can help.
http://www.snapdrive.net/files/190310/nodisplayoptions.JPG (image size is rather large, posting a simple link to avoid stretching the thread, as you can see i have no display options and only three resolution setting options)
I understand this might be a problem with my Graphics card (Nvidia GeForce 6600) though I have made sure on countless occasion that the Drivers are up-to-date and that everything is correctly inserted / plugged in.
So far the things i have done to correct this problem is Try restoring my system to a previous date (June 21st, 2008) and I've taken the precaution of backing up all files i Deemed important to me onto CDs. I was planning on trying to Format my drive and start from scratch but was unsure if the problem would persist as i am fairly certain that it in fact lies with my graphics card or some related cause.
another problem i have encounted is that when i try to "Restore Active Desktop" i get the following Error
[external image: Posted Image]
I've recieved this error for as long as I can remember and never thought much of it as i could manually go in and restore it myself.
as of late my Cousin has moved in with my temporarily and we were searching for some no-cd fixes for our games (such as Diablo 2, Starcraft, Elder Scrolls Four: Oblivion…basically games that would require BOTH of us to be using the same CD at the same time.) I am highly aware that these programs can contain malware and I've scanned files before installing / downloading them onto my computer using Grisoft's AVG anti-virus.
again, this may be putting too much thought into the issue however it's become frusterating as i have never encountered these issues before and I cannot find anything on the subject.