Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Email from blocked email addresses!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:58 AM

hey all! I have blocked some email addresses and i do not want to receive any email from them. I need to confirm if i will receive an email from a person whose email address i have blocked? please help me

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

Depends upon what Email client you are using, and whether or not they are accessing you from your own Website, and a dozen other things.

Generally, if you use Outlook, Outlook Express, or Thunderbird, placing the email address into your local SPAM folder will "block that specific addy from your Inbox and will go direct to your SPAM folder. (Just right click and Select - Add to Blocked List)

Or, you can create any local Rule you wish.

If you are using an online email client such as Yahoo Mail, just moving the entire message into your SPAM folder, or clicking to Mark as SPAM will do the trick.

Now comes the exceptions:
If you are dealing with a professional spamming enterprise, once they have your email address you can pretty much expect to be annoyed by them for quite a while.
They generally own dozens or hundreds of gibberish random email addresses.
Once you block one, they just switch to another.

If they are coming at you from a Website that you own, for instance, a Contact Us@ or Info@, or Sales@ type Website inclusion, you will need to talk to your Host or your WebMaster who has access to Account Based Tools/filters

Note: MobileMania, Have you resolved the issue in http://forums.whatth...mp;#entry677592
Per suggestions of Murray and Tijn ?
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

thanks for asking and yes i have got a genuine one now :) and i was asking about general Yahoo client and my problem is solved by your guidance.