This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

receiving emails from myself

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I am receiving a lot of emails seemingly from myself in my inbox lately. I use OE6. The subject line of these mails is usually pharmacueticals, software progs for sale or downloading and downloading new videos etc and I don't open them, but I can't block my email address either, as I use it to send an email to myself of something from other places. I can find an originating address in the properties of the mails, which is usually just numbers for the originating site. Can I use the mail rules to block them by putting the relative 'number' addresses in the 'where the from line contains people'? Preferably, is there someway I can stop these coming in altogether or am I stuck with just deleting them. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. Merry Christmas to everyone and Happy New Year. hedley
Hi, sorry to hear of the problem…its so easy to spoof an email "envelope" and lots of Spam is using similar techniques. Its nothing to worry about unduly…the delete key gets 'em every time! Regards paws
Hi Paws and thanks for the reply. Ok, so nothing to worry about unduly, just delete as normal. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hope Santa brings everything you asked for and more. May I also say Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all What The Tech subscribers/moderators etc and Happy New Year. Don't know where I'd be without you. Thanks for all the help in the past. Saved my bacon a time or two. Cheers hedley

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI