Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

account blocked

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:27 AM

I have a live account with hotmail which I have had to avoid using after years of success. I created another live account with them then imported my contacts . I tried to send notice of a new address to my contacts, only a few a ta atime, and now I have a blocked account. They list many easons like spamming etc. I have tried everything to no avail including having them send a code to my mobile which is not cooperating with them. I have researched and written. Now my contacts are using an account which is blocked. Please advise how to get out of this predicament. I am curious how one is able to tell all contacts of a change of address without getting blocked for spam or excessive use etc.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Nahumi

Nahumi

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Technical Support
    Software Development

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

Hey Peter1, It would be useful whether Microsoft (the guys who run Hotmail) would specify whether your label as a 'spammer' was based on reports or just a behaviour their system recognised. My guess is that it's the latter. Sending out a few e-mails at a time with practically the same message is often the technique spammers use. They send e-mails out in alphabetically ordered lists. Your best bet would be to phone up their customer support helpline and get them to unblock the account. Then sound out a single e-mail to all your contacts. Your other option is to create a new account and then send out a single e-mail. (P.S. There is a "Select All" button when you click on the 'To;' button in Hotmail) Hope that helps, and good luck! Nahumi
Nahumi

Visiting Tech
@jamescpegg | FreeTrakr
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online..

#3 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:16 PM

Hi Peter, In addition to Nahumi's usual excellent advice there is a web page here that may help you:
http://www.windowsli...1d-4e6e82adb846
You can try first verifying the account by registering a mobile phone number on your account, or otherwise follow the directions on filling in the form...
One of the difficulties with Hotmail may be to find a telephone number that you can call them on..... I think these must be closely guarded....
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#4 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

I have tried the mobile phone which did not cooperate and also have filled in the pages to which you refer. If you send an email with "all" selected, it will cause the problem I am describing. Thank you for your recommendations, however, as I know you had to do time consuming research to make suggestions.. >>Nahumi suggested; "Your best bet would be to phone up their customer support helpline and get them to unblock the account" I>>Peter states," I have looked everywhere for that number but I think it is like Thunderbird and the rest which are virtual. >>Peter asks, "Nahumi, do you know of a way to gain access to such a number.?" **Possible solution = go to support.live.com. I searched that site and finally was allowed to send an email to the administration for Live.com. I have since been allowed to send at least one email successfully and will slowly gain their trust that I am using the site with integrity. I hope this is resolved and other HOTMAIL or LIVE forum members can benefit from this. There is an important post script to this. I believe one can 'create' a 'group' in which you include all of your contacts in the event that you wish to advise everyone of the change as I tried to do.

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:09 AM

Well done Peter and glad it looks as though you can use your account again. :thumbup: Thanks for posting your findings..as I'm sure other folks will be able to benefit from it. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:36 AM

Peter, doesn't your ISP provide you with an E-mail capability? Why not use that instead of Hotmail or WLM?

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#7 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

Hi Z I am on my new account so here goes......... Comcast has an email program called SmartZone. It is really quite inadequate. If that too gets spammed to death or virus prone, it will be a hassle to change also. I basically use it for family . I have had to change addresses 2x's in about 12 years so I can't complain. I use WLM in my desktop and Windows Live Hotmail remotely. I think the software is about my speed as I could not handle Outlook and this glitch is my only real complaint. Thank you for the suggestion. I will click'add reply' with fingers crossed. :blush:

#8 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

Ah, okay. I do the same with my Yahoo throwaway E-mail account. That's the one I give to places that require an E-mail address that I don't want any contact from. I keep my ISP E-mail account for things I care about. Re: SmartZOne, no need to use that for E-mail is there? WLM or Thunderbird or SeaMonkey should be able to handle it I would think.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#9 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

That is correct. SmartZone (ISP) is family, and Windows is for others.
Windows Live Email is where I had the problem.
Windows Live Mail, resides in my pc which handles all the email accounts.
It seems like there is always an issue so one has to keep it fun, if possible.