This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

PLEASE HELP! I keep getting "Product definition file lost&quo

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am trying to uninstall Cyberlink YouCam off my laptop and I keep getting an error message saying "Product definition file lost". This is after my flash player would crash every time I tried to use my webcam with YouCam. I downloaded ManyCam and it worked fine. I have since uninstalled ManyCam, thinking that I would be able to use YouCam again. Fool I was. Earlier I thought that some registry files were missing so I brought up regedit and deleted the registry values for my flash before restarting my system and reinstalling the flash player. That did not help with the crashes. I decided then to completely uninstall YouCam (which came preinstalled on my lappy) and start from scratch. That's when the error message came. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated, many thanks!
It's not a good idea to be making changes in your Registry without proper training or guidance. Additionally, you should always make a backup of your Registry prior to any work in Registry. Your best course of action at this time would be to use a System Restore Point, prior to the time that you began doing the work you mention. If you then find problems related to Cybercam YouCam or ManyCam… fully reinstall the applications and then attempt an uninstall via Control Panel - Add/Remove Don't go back into the Registry without proper instruction, no matter how "intuitively sensible" it may seem to you. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI