Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

PLEASE HELP! I keep getting "Product definition file lost&quo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FloRawrr

FloRawrr

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

I am trying to uninstall Cyberlink YouCam off my laptop and I keep getting an error message saying "Product definition file lost". This is after my flash player would crash every time I tried to use my webcam with YouCam. I downloaded ManyCam and it worked fine. I have since uninstalled ManyCam, thinking that I would be able to use YouCam again. Fool I was. Earlier I thought that some registry files were missing so I brought up regedit and deleted the registry values for my flash before restarting my system and reinstalling the flash player. That did not help with the crashes. I decided then to completely uninstall YouCam (which came preinstalled on my lappy) and start from scratch. That's when the error message came. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated, many thanks!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

It's not a good idea to be making changes in your Registry without proper training or guidance. Additionally, you should always make a backup of your Registry prior to any work in Registry. Your best course of action at this time would be to use a System Restore Point, prior to the time that you began doing the work you mention. If you then find problems related to Cybercam YouCam or ManyCam... fully reinstall the applications and then attempt an uninstall via Control Panel - Add/Remove Don't go back into the Registry without proper instruction, no matter how "intuitively sensible" it may seem to you. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 FloRawrr

FloRawrr

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:15 AM

RESOLVED! Tusen takk :)

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:20 AM

Very Good! Thanks for posting back with your news of success. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.