This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

cannot defrag...

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

everytime I try and defrag I get the error msg THE CONNECTION TO THE DEFRAGMENTATION ENGINE HAS BEEN LOST. RESTART DEFRAGMENTATION after a minute or two. What's wrong?
Howdy: It could be a corrupted file. What operating system are you using? Also, you could try using one of the many free defraggers available online. Murray
Okay.. if you have your XP cd handy, click on the "Start" button and then "Run". Type in "sfc /scannow" (no quotes) and press enter. Let the program do its thing. Murray
HD problems for sure. Tried to start it yesterday and all I got was loud noises from the HD and no boot up. I dropped it off at the shop. Posting from work. I will let you know what happened. Thanks….

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI