I'm trying to get the Stereo Mix device under Recording Devices to actually broadcast sound, but I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it.
It's enabled, and even set as a default device. I also can't seem to get programs like CamStudio to record the sound even though the option is enabled. Another example of my problem is even though I have a video open in ManyCam, it won't broadcast the video's sound, although I can still hear the sound from the program itself.
This computer originally came with Vista, and none of the above worked then, either, so that's why I assume it's something hardware-related.
This might be a trivial question, but have you tried a different microphone? And have you plugged it into the right jack? (It's usually the pink one).
Also, are you using the inbuilt audio or do you have a dedicated audio card?
It isn't an issue with a microphone, as if I plug a microphone into the jack it works perfectly fine. It's just Stereo Mix that's the issue.
It's inbuilt.
Have you tried fiddling with the sample rate and bit depth?
It could be that your microphone is recording at a sample rate that your speakers, or inbuilt audio card for that matter, can't quite handle. You should be able to find these settings under the "Advanced" tab for both your microphone and speaker properties window.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI