jpshortstuff
Topic Starter
Hi all,
Many thanks in advance for reading.
I have recently started using Windows 7 (x86 Professional) on my main computer (Desktop). I've had it installed for a while (quad-booting on this one), but only recently have decided to actually get using it regularly.
All is pretty much well, apart from the fact that I have no sound. I've never had any problem with audio on the other 3 OSs on this computer (XP, Vista, Ubuntu), but 7 just does not seem to like it.
From XP, I can see that I have VIA HD Audio drivers installed, but I can't seem to get hold of such drivers for Windows 7, and everything else I have managed to get hold of so far hasn't helped.
The system recognizes that it has a Digital HD Audio device, and claims that all is working properly (see Fig.1, below), but they are clearly not. One thing I have picked up from the research I've been doing is that the S/PDIF is not what I want (in left-most Window, Fig.1), but alas I have no alternatives to choose. Supposedly I get these alternatives (Speakers is what I desire to see in that menu I believe) by installing the correct HD Audio Codecs/Drivers - but as above, that is where I am having issues.
Fig.1
[external image: Posted Image]
Is there any way that I can grab all the required VIA drivers/codecs from my vista installation? If not, does anyone have any other suggestions, because I've been wrestling with this for a while and it is quite annoying to say the least. If only it were a Malware issue, then at least I'd know where I stand
Thanks all,
-jp
Many thanks in advance for reading.
I have recently started using Windows 7 (x86 Professional) on my main computer (Desktop). I've had it installed for a while (quad-booting on this one), but only recently have decided to actually get using it regularly.
All is pretty much well, apart from the fact that I have no sound. I've never had any problem with audio on the other 3 OSs on this computer (XP, Vista, Ubuntu), but 7 just does not seem to like it.
From XP, I can see that I have VIA HD Audio drivers installed, but I can't seem to get hold of such drivers for Windows 7, and everything else I have managed to get hold of so far hasn't helped.
The system recognizes that it has a Digital HD Audio device, and claims that all is working properly (see Fig.1, below), but they are clearly not. One thing I have picked up from the research I've been doing is that the S/PDIF is not what I want (in left-most Window, Fig.1), but alas I have no alternatives to choose. Supposedly I get these alternatives (Speakers is what I desire to see in that menu I believe) by installing the correct HD Audio Codecs/Drivers - but as above, that is where I am having issues.
Fig.1
[external image: Posted Image]
Is there any way that I can grab all the required VIA drivers/codecs from my vista installation? If not, does anyone have any other suggestions, because I've been wrestling with this for a while and it is quite annoying to say the least. If only it were a Malware issue, then at least I'd know where I stand
Thanks all,
-jp