This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Honestech Vidbox 2 Suite has no sound

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I purchased the Honestech Vidbox 2 Suite for conversion of VHS tapes to digital, which includes software for both Mac and PC.  Video is transferring, but there is no sound … the sound bar indicator does not even move.

 

I've changed cables, uninstalled and reinstalled the software (twice) and tried on both Mac and PC.  I've even purchased a new VCR.  VCR and tape work fine on the television.  Finally I created a second userID on the Mac and installed there … no dice.

 

I've called their Tech Support three times.  They claim they've never heard of this happening.

 

Any thoughts?  This seems like nice, simple software that gets the job done, but I'd really to hear my sound. 

 

Thanks.

 

Judy

Did you have suitable driver for it, from what i see from that website is–> http :/ /www .honestech.com/main/DriverUpdates.asp

I actually downloaded all driver updates from their website, and then the license key wouldn't work!  So I called TechSupport for the *fourth* time and they told me there was no need to download new drivers … that the software download on their site was up to date with drivers.

 

The product has now gone back to Best Buy with the recommendation they stop carrying it.

 

Thanks though.

 

Judy

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI