Hardware
Win moph 7
2 min read
Peter1
Topic Starter
Does anyone know when the Widows 7 mobile phone will be available?
Doug
what is your interest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Mobile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Mobile
http://www.technewsworld.com/story/Microso…?wlc=1280525688
Windows Phone 7 is scheduled for launch around the end of the year, and it could well miss the holiday sales season. Even if Microsoft manages to launch Windows 7 smartphones in time for holiday season sales, that might not do it much good.
"Microsoft's going to be a competitor, but possibly not out of the gate," Al Hilwa, a research director at IDC, told TechNewsWorld. "It may take a refinement or two after that to be in the same league as some of the other players."
Peter1
I was looking at the HTC - HD2. It had a large clear screen(senior style), tethering, syncs well with M.S. word etc.
but terribly lacking in apps and accessible ones cost.
The wife and I are looking for smart phones and have just begun. I want the web etc on mine and she just wants to use the phone. I don't know how to coordinate plans but am looking around.
We saw this phone over priced at $238 for 2 at an upscale mall.
I read distributors can do better but have to Bing that issue as I do not know who that would be.
I appreciate your information, sad as it sounds for M.S.
My brother has a Droid(loaded) but his circumstances are not mine. I am a Corolla driver and he has a Beamer.
It does not sound like a plan to wait around for Win 7.
We wanted to phone 750 min, unlimited web. That is a contractual contradiction to me.
I like the tethering idea for the laptop and would like to EASILY sync to the desktop.
I don't text but could learn. My fingers shake like jello so I would need a virtual rather than querty board I think.
Voice is not a big issue but if part of the pkg it is OK..
I would like a gps + a descent amount of apps would be nice.
Any recommendations?
I wonder if I could buy the phone I mentioned and upgrade to Win 7 - I think it has the hardware but am not sure.
I am in touch with a person in the UK who has this HTC-HD2 and the iphone and because of the ease of use with Windows uses the Windows phone. She said apps were boring and like the ease of tethering.
I'll Bing the hardware issue and if you hear please drop a line re: upgrading to Win 7.
but terribly lacking in apps and accessible ones cost.
The wife and I are looking for smart phones and have just begun. I want the web etc on mine and she just wants to use the phone. I don't know how to coordinate plans but am looking around.
We saw this phone over priced at $238 for 2 at an upscale mall.
I read distributors can do better but have to Bing that issue as I do not know who that would be.
I appreciate your information, sad as it sounds for M.S.
My brother has a Droid(loaded) but his circumstances are not mine. I am a Corolla driver and he has a Beamer.
It does not sound like a plan to wait around for Win 7.
We wanted to phone 750 min, unlimited web. That is a contractual contradiction to me.
I like the tethering idea for the laptop and would like to EASILY sync to the desktop.
I don't text but could learn. My fingers shake like jello so I would need a virtual rather than querty board I think.
Voice is not a big issue but if part of the pkg it is OK..
I would like a gps + a descent amount of apps would be nice.
Any recommendations?
I wonder if I could buy the phone I mentioned and upgrade to Win 7 - I think it has the hardware but am not sure.
I am in touch with a person in the UK who has this HTC-HD2 and the iphone and because of the ease of use with Windows uses the Windows phone. She said apps were boring and like the ease of tethering.
I'll Bing the hardware issue and if you hear please drop a line re: upgrading to Win 7.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI