Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Smart Phone next?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oldman960

oldman960

Forum God

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 14,770 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

I never did like phones much. It looks like they may be next.

http://home.mytelus....;CatID=National

Proud Graduate of the WTT Classroon
If you are happy with the help you recieved, please consider making a Donation 5Iv60h9.jpg
Curiosity didn't kill the cat. Ignorance did, curiosity was framed.
Learn how to protect Yourself

Microsoft MVP 2011-2015

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

TBH thats old news updated, must be short of headlines lol, there was a group who when smart phones first came out, who heard boasts of them being safe, they made a virus (called Cabir) to infect phones, only difference was it was not a nasty virus, the only thing it did was flatten battery's, as it used constant bluetooth to send to other phones, they did it purely to show that they were just as much at risk as PC's, I helped run some of the worlds biggest phone forums back then, and a mate got bit by this, the shop wanted to send it away for 3 weeks to sort, I did it in 30 seconds, but people should take as much care of their phones as any other valuable, there are plenty of anti virus and the like ap's for mobiles, and although real nasty stuff is in it's infancy with phones, it doesn't mean you should not be aware. I predicted assassinations by mobile about 10 years back, it's only a matter of time, and as cars become more evolved the closer that day will come, where the possibility may arise for a virus to be bluetoothed to a car, to disable it's brakes or similar. The greater risk currently is from malicious calls\texts, where if you do as they ask they drain your credit, often done in the guise of "we are your SP and wish to check your phones settings...." and you can guess the rest I'm sure, the other danger is bluejacking, numerous celeb's have had their phones address books publicised on the web, revealing phone numbers of some of the biggest stars in the world, the other danger is accepting unknown messages, I know someone who went on a booze cruise, and on the boat they got a message, they thought it was from the ship, it;'s only when they got home they found out their credit was gone, so you really do need to be aware, and if in doubt search about it before accepting any message, and no network will ring you up to check your phone, not unless you have arranged for them too, so always be on guard.

Edited by 8210GUY, 06 December 2012 - 01:26 PM.

Braindead