This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Can't find driver for USB to ethernet adapter

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

A while ago I purchased a TeckNet ZT-889A USB 2.0 to Lan RJ-45 Ethernet Adapter from Amazon. I had the device working on my laptop, but now I'm trying to use it on my PC. The problem is that I damaged the disk that came with the device and so now do not have any drivers for it.

I've searched online for a while but can't find anything useful. In device manager the adapter reads as:

ADM8515 USB TO LAN NIC

and there is an ugly yellow exclamation mark besides it!


Thanks :D
I've unzipped the file, and then I told the device manager to update the device's driver…no luck. I even told it to look at that specific folder! I get a message saying the hardware cannot be installed.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI