Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91867 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

PDF attachments won't open in WinLiveMail

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kangaroo

kangaroo

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

I have just set up a new Windows 7 Pro 32-bit PC and installed Windows Live Mail and imported the saved OE6 account/contacts/mail data. When I receive a message with a PDF attachment, I try to open the attachment from inside the message and get an error message that there is no program associated with this type of file. I have Adobe Reader v9 installed and this program's icon is shown in the Attachment field in the message. Control Panel program associations shows PDF associated with Adobe Reader. If I save the message to the desktop and then try to open it from there there is no problem. I can also browse in IE to a site where there is a link to a PDF document and I can open it in the browser. How can I fix the problem that PDF message attachments cannot be opened from inside the message?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

Try the solution posted here: http://www.winhelpon...ndows-Mail.html

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 kangaroo

kangaroo

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:02 AM

Thanks, appleoddity. That's looks as though it is just what I need. I'll post back with the result.

#4 kangaroo

kangaroo

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

Hi appleoddity, That solution worked perfectly. The unassociate page said to use the (Remove file association (user)) so I tried that first to no avail. However, following the referenced article suggestion to Delete File Type (which removes it for all users) and then doing the Repair Adobe Reader worked flawlessly. Thank you so much. You guys keep coming up trumps every time!