This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Unable to open jpeg e-mail attachments

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

On a computer running Windows 8.1, I am unable to open jpeg e-mail attachments.  Instead I get this message : NO APPS ARE INSTALLED TO OPEN THIS TYPE OF LINK (MID)

 

What do I need to download and install on my computer?  Please advise.  Thanks

Doesn't it give you an option to pick how to open them? Note .jpg files by default should open with Windows Photo Viewer. See if this helps.

Thanks for the prompt response.  No it does not give any option but, even if I open with Windows Photo Viewer or Movie Maker, the files do not open and instead display the same error message again.  It appears some APP needs to be installed.

Did you follow the link I provided? Is shows how to set the default program. Look for "Choose default apps by file type" then make sure it says Windows Photo Viewer for jpeg files.

That fact you can open Windows Photo Viewer proves it is already installed.

Hi Digereti : Many thanks. I followed the link once again and did exactly what you advised.  And this time I've got it right.  I am able to open all the e-mail file attachments.  Once again THANKS! 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI