This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

New gaming computer

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

So I posted here before asking for some advice on a model I was thinking about buying the Gateway fx6831-01 but was put off when I learned they used a Seagate model that is known for having very bad issues with failing so I decided to keep looking around.


I found this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16883229137 and then decided to check out the cyberpowerpc site myself and see what I could come up with using their configurators. The computer I keep building using packages is

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…NZXT-_-11146058
NZXT M59 Gaming Mid-Tower Case with See-Thru window

Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case. Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…3-851-_-Product
AMD Phenom™II X6 1055T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

Cooling: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…e%20GA-870A-UD3
GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16820211409
4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (A-Data Gaming Series with Heat Spreader)

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card (Not sure what brand it will be)

PSU: 800 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (The exact hardrive is not specified :/)

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-B083L 8X Blu-Ray Player & DVDRW Combo

Speakers: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers

Thermal Display: NZXT Sentry-2 Fan Touch Screen Fan Control & Temperature Display

Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network: I didn't choose any of these could someone explain to me what exactly they are/ what they do/ how they help?


One other question I have is; Whenever I use the intel config to build this exact computer except for the mobo/CPU it's more expensive but I notice that the motherboard is: Asus P6T SE and has a triple channel memory architecture.


I can't find any AMD motherboards with a triple memory architecture. Does that mean the DDR3 is not utilized to it's full potential? Please explain and thank you ahead of time for any help!! :]
So I found out one of my answers is that AMD CPUs don't use triple channel memory and intel does. So I would be wasting money getting and AMD CPU with DDR3 memory. I don't want to build my own rig because I just don't trust myself setting up the software, BIOS, and whatever else there is. I want to buy a self customized PC and after I have that I am going to build my own cheap PC on the side as a project just for fun. I can sell it for same price maybe make some money off it who knows. Help me out please. ^.^

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI