faithiefaith
Topic Starter
Hi guys, I have decided it is finally time for an upgrade. I'm tired of playing every game on the lowest settings and still have a terrible fps. Anyways, I don't really know anything about computers so I would really appreciate your advice and help. The computer will basically just be used for gaming and I am looking to be able to play games smoothly on the highest settings. I set this up from CyberPower PC. These are the specs for my new rig:
Case: * Azza Solano 1000 Full-Tower Advance Cooling Case w/ Dual 230mm Fan + Extra 3 Fans
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-950 3.06 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366
Cooling Fan: XtremeGear Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
Motherboard: (3-Way SLI Support) MSI X58A-GD45 Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Triple-Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 Audio, eSATA, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III, RAID, IEEE1394a, 3 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
Memory: 12GB (2GBx6) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
Multiple Video Card Settings: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
Power Supply Upgrade: 800 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
My main concerns were if I would be able to play games on the maximum setting with this computer and if there were any better parts I should spring for to keep from having to upgrade for a long time. Also, I was worried if the power supply is sufficient enough or should I get a more powerful one if I actually do have to upgrade in the future. If anyone checks the options I have available at that site, any suggestions for better parts would be appreciated or if there is a better/cheaper site to buy from. I'm probably willing to spend more if it is worth it. I know you can build a computer cheaper from newegg but I wouldn't have the slightest clue about what I'm doing.
Thanks everyone 
Case: * Azza Solano 1000 Full-Tower Advance Cooling Case w/ Dual 230mm Fan + Extra 3 Fans
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-950 3.06 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366
Cooling Fan: XtremeGear Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
Motherboard: (3-Way SLI Support) MSI X58A-GD45 Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Triple-Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 Audio, eSATA, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III, RAID, IEEE1394a, 3 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
Memory: 12GB (2GBx6) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
Multiple Video Card Settings: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
Power Supply Upgrade: 800 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
My main concerns were if I would be able to play games on the maximum setting with this computer and if there were any better parts I should spring for to keep from having to upgrade for a long time. Also, I was worried if the power supply is sufficient enough or should I get a more powerful one if I actually do have to upgrade in the future. If anyone checks the options I have available at that site, any suggestions for better parts would be appreciated or if there is a better/cheaper site to buy from. I'm probably willing to spend more if it is worth it. I know you can build a computer cheaper from newegg but I wouldn't have the slightest clue about what I'm doing.