Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Explorer Toolbar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wade11

wade11

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:31 PM

I am trying to load I-tunes on my daughter's computer (this one). It sounds like the pop-up blocker is keeping it from loading, but nothing pops up for me to allow it or run active x or anything. The only thing at the top of the page is the address bar. I went to control, internet options and when I click it, the hour glass flashes once then nothing happens. I tried to load google chrome and firefox so that I could remove and re-load internet explorer. I have the same problem with trying to load those problems as well. It makes the same noise as if the pop-up blocker is stopping it, but nothing appears on the screen. I need someone to help me get the tool bar back so I can get to the pop-up blocker.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Interests:Serving the Lord and Riding motorcycles and computers.

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:33 AM

Hi and welcome to the WTT forums Wade 11.
Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine.

Here is something that you can try. When installing Mozilla and not sure about google chrome, but in mozilla when setting it up, it will ask to move over your settings and so forth from IE, so if the problem was with IE, then Mozilla can do the same thing.

But Lets try this before going into other possible fixes:

1. Lets use IE with No Add-ons, you can do so by doing this by -
Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Internet Explorer (no add-ons)

2. This is much like SAFE Mode, in that it does not change normal settings, but allows for functioning in a testing environment without the influence of those normal settings. Once you are in IE safe mode, go to where you are trying to download and install I tunes to see what happens.

Notice: Take note you will see a warning showing Internet Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled. Click here to manage, disable, or remove your add-ons. < Leave those alone for the time. What we are trying to do is do a little trouble shooting to see what the cause may be with installing the I Tunes program through IE.

Try this and report back here with the results please.

Jimbo1

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)